Location: United States
What can you do to help?
Asian Aid maintains a constant pool of unsponsored children. The number of children in this fund varies from day to day. Once a child has been accepted by Asian Aid, that child continues to receive support even when they are without a sponsor. This pool of unsponsored children is important for the following reasons:
- Enables children to receive support even if a sponsor withdraws.
- Allows schools to accept new students at the beginning of the year.
- Enables urgent need students to start at any time.
- Provides Asian Aid a pool of students for new sponsorships.
- Ensures a wider base of child support.
This fund is an excellent way supporters can contribute directly to child sponsorship without a monthly commitment. Any contribution to this fund has a direct benefit to hundreds of children who need education. Students are accepted based on need and many are already enrolled in Adventist schools in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, and Bangladesh. Any contribution to the unsponsored child fund saves Asian Aid’s critical operational funds. The approximate cost of a child for twelve months is $450.